Sunday, January 14, 2024

How to build a Madrona Forest


I bought this roll of Strathmore paper years ago.

I decided to start a drawing and see where it would lead.


I began this in August. 
I work on it a little most days
and a lot now and then.

I'm working on a 10 yard roll, 42" tall.




This drawing is from my imagination. 
I draw as I go.




I was drawing on my bed. 
I had a piece of plywood under it. 
It was still an issue.




I mentioned this drawing to a friend who 
had a brilliant idea: work on the kitchen table 
with an oversized piece of plywood underneath.
.
I don't think of these things since I would have no way 
to get a large piece of wood home.

My friend brought one over.

It's hard to ask for help.

Friends are a godsend.





Kitchen table work space. 
A beautiful painting by Laura Hamje 
is keeping me company.




I worked on this section during the Holidays.
At some point, I will go back over 
the work done and refine it.




A new year and a new workspace.
I'm currently at around 7'

Moving along..