Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Living on the Salish

'Rock Brooch' sterling silver, beach rocks; Kathleen Faulkner



Another full moon... 'The moon when all things happen'


I head down to the water's edge where I look for rocks.  The place where I go has every color except for blue.  While there I can see across to the Olympics and over to Lopez.  Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I see the  graceful little otter family, a seal or two and maybe a woodpecker, eagle or owl.  I always see the deer.

This is the place where the madrones hang out discussing dance moves and the cedars watch over everything.  On a warm day the mix of cedar, pine and fir cooks up a heady aroma that is addictive.  I can never get enough.  

I look back on my life and thank myself for moving here.  It is one of the moves I would not change.  I am grateful every day.

The Salish Sea is a magic place that is rich with life and deserves our respect.  I hope we manage to keep it thriving.

 Things are happening.   I'm paying attention.