Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yogis

'Yogis' 36x24" oil pastel, Kathleen Faulkner

Another interesting week. 

As oil gushes out of the earth, politicians stir the pot and everyone is on edge.

My solution:  play for an entire four days. 

MoNA's annual auction with a preview on Friday night and the actual auction on Saturday was a smashing success and the celebration hearty. Of course I attended both nights. I also had company staying over and, earlier on auction day, bribed a friend to go to Burlington with me to participate in the 'Very Berry Days' Parade.  Father's Day started out with eggs benedict with another friend then morphed into moving about the area delivering artwork and visiting still more friends. As Monday was the Summer Solstice, it was my duty to celebrate once again with more dear friends: a music aficionado, a top notch chef and a wine dealer with excellent taste:  eat, drink and be merry.  

A long and wonderful weekend that was over the top..

Today, though, I feel the effects of four days of fun and I am reminded of the madronas down at Washington Park: 'Yogis' that practice diligently and I think, as I drink another glass of water,  that maybe I should, too..




'Very Berry Days' parade