Friday, June 7, 2013

Farewell, friends

'Bamboo' earrings, 2x5/8"; sterling silver, paper,
colored pencil, mica; Kathleen Faulkner

I had been thinking of taking out the bamboo.  It had become wildly out of control and heading toward the neighbors.  It grew in the sunniest location and I wanted that space for a garden.  

One day my friend said that he had people who would want that bamboo and would dig it up and take it away.  They did that.  It was a gift.




'Pine' earrings, 2x5/8" sterling silver, paper, colored
pencil, mica;  Kathleen Faulkner

Many of the trees on my property were here when I moved in.  The previous owners planted tight and 'uniquely'.  

The pine grows too close to the house. I am cutting it down. Across and away from it is a beautiful cedar I've planted in memorial.  





1 comment:

fidalgowildlife said...

Sympathies. We had to cut down a 75-foot Douglas fir that was planted too close to our house. Roots and storm runoff into the foundation, branches rubbing the wall. Farewell, fir. After that, we planted many native plants in hedgerows, and bamboo too (carefully sited and managed). And vegetables and berries! You are a good steward of your land.