Friday, June 7, 2013

Farewell, friends

'Bamboo' earrings, 2x5/8"; sterling silver, paper,
colored pencil, mica; Kathleen Faulkner

I had been thinking of taking out the bamboo.  It had become wildly out of control and heading toward the neighbors.  It grew in the sunniest location and I wanted that space for a garden.  

One day my friend said that he had people who would want that bamboo and would dig it up and take it away.  They did that.  It was a gift.




'Pine' earrings, 2x5/8" sterling silver, paper, colored
pencil, mica;  Kathleen Faulkner

Many of the trees on my property were here when I moved in.  The previous owners planted tight and 'uniquely'.  

The pine grows too close to the house. I am cutting it down. Across and away from it is a beautiful cedar I've planted in memorial.