Sunday, March 6, 2011

'Life is short, the Art long'



Somewhere between LaConner and Stanwood; Kathleen Faulkner


I started with a plan.  I would visit LaConner first, head over to Camano Island and then, finish the day in Edison.  An afternoon and evening of adventure and visual enjoyment.


As I walked toward the gallery I knew this show would be good.  Looking around at all the images I was reminded of the recipe for a good exhibit:  that the whole equals more than the sum of it's parts.  This small gallery filled with black and white photographs of the art history of the Magic Skagit: very Large and very Powerful.. 

Truly a sight to behold.
As I left I knew I would be back to look again.


Camano Island is long and narrow.  The next gallery I was headed to is at the south end of that island.  I had never been before.  It was a beautiful drive, a Beautiful gallery and a beautiful show.  I felt honored to be a part of this group, showing in this fabulous gallery. 

Wondering around in the sculpture garden, impressed to death, I decided to name the place, "Artland in the Woods". 

It is good to find some magic.



The last call was in Edison.  I love that town.  I always look forward to spending time there.  
The opening was packed, the artwork stunning, the conversation stimulating.   
An unknown,  a 'phantom' as Dana calls him..  a one man show of outrageously good work.  I imagine he won't be unknown for long.. 


It was a good plan.  It worked quite well.  It was one of the best 'art for your soul' days I've had for a long, long time.


Somewhere near Edison; Kathleen Faulkner