Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anniversary

'Slough' 7x9" oil and soft pastel, charcoal; Kathleen Faulkner


I started this blog one year ago today.  

The plan was to have an alternative to a website. What happened is that it took on a life of it's own leading me down some other paths.

I made a conscious effort to keep personal business out of it.  That didn't work.  I had planned to concentrate on calls to artists, show reviews and showcasing my work.  That didn't happen except that I have showcased my work.

What I discovered is that I enjoy telling the stories that inspire the artwork:  the full picture, so to speak.  I also discovered that if I just go with the flow it will go wherever it goes and that's ok.

One great benefit to me has been the feedback.  It is good to know that someone is out there.  One never knows who or what awaits once the publish button is pushed and the post is thrown into cyberspace.
It is also good discipline.


Now,  just for fun, here are some statistics from this last year:

'Solstice: full moon lunar eclipse' was the most viewed post.  'in addition' was a close second.  
Besides the US, Canada and Germany gave me the most hits.  
'Neckpieces' and 'Water' were the most visited pages.  
Monday has the highest viewing numbers with the most hits between 10am and 2pm.  
The image from 'A Fairy Tale' was included in Regina Hackett's blog post,  'Foot Fetish'.   
My blog was listed in two international jewelry blogs and dumped from one painting blog.  


All in all I'd say it was a good year.  
So, here's to another year of story telling and art making.  
Thanks for viewing. 
Cheers!




A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
Mohandas Gandhi