Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bounty

'Jack Island' necklace 20" sterling silver, slate;
Kathleen Faulkner


Thanksgiving 2010.

I am grateful for the snow I woke up to this morning even though it will alter my plans.
I am grateful for the people in my life.

memories are good, too.   




Jack Island. 

We took a small boat and circled.   I remember the north side: large weathered, living rocks,  entangled kelp along their base and the shade from the trees, water calm,  sunny day,  good light.  

Then to the beach and, while landing, I noticed a carpet made of slate and shells.   

Someone  said there was once a fox farm on the island and I was noticing the trees. 
Later,  sitting on the south side facing North Beach, on rocks warmed by the sun, eating lunch, playing with rocks and shells, I remember thinking how interesting life is.






and with that memory I look out my window 

photo: Kathleen Faulkner