Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back to Basics


It's been awhile since I've had any inspiration to paint.  Other matters have been grabbing my attention.


My jewelry life has taken over.  A new gallery in Seattle and a new way of doing things.  I'm finding out what it's like to step up to the 'Seattle' plate.

When I told my daughter of my good fortune she reminded me of the time, many years ago, when we stood in this gallery and I said, "Someday I will have my jewelry here."  

Now I think about those canvases that have been sitting in the corner, waiting for me and I think, "Someday I'll paint with oils".  


To do that I need to get back to the basics.


'Asian Pears' oil pastel; from my 'still learning'
first series of oil pastels.


 Someone said, "I'm disappointed.  I thought you'd draw something
worthwhile."

Ouch..    I said,  " I'm just learning the basics."