Saturday, April 10, 2010

The pitch

"The Ayes Have It" 30x1.5" colored pencil, mica, sterling silver,  Kathleen Faulkner


I enjoy donating to causes I believe in.  I feel that it is my opportunity to show gratitude for being able to work in a field that I love.  Dues, as some would say..
This piece is now owned by the Museum of Northwest Art.  I made it specifically for the auction which will occur on Saturday, June 19th.  I hope it does well for the Museum.

There are different opinions regarding donating artwork to auctions. Some feel that it is a hardship.  There is no doubt artists struggle and are constantly asked to donate.  January, I was asked to donate to six different organizations.  The only deduction an artist can take on their donation is for materials only.  It is a bum deal.

But,  if we think of it as something we can do towards the betterment/future/existence of the quality of our lives, isn't that worth it?   If we don't step up, who will?

The Museum of Northwest Art is an exceptional addition to our area here on the Salish.  We should take good care of it.  I am honored to be able to do my part.


                                                                                                                                      

     Northwest Arts Blog                          
     Museum of Northwest Art Auction